- Information We Collect
To help us personalize and improve your Juvenescence experience, we collect Personal Information and other data when you connect with us, including when you:
- Place an order
- Create an account on our website
- Subscribe to Juvenescence email communications
- Apply for a job
- Enter a sweepstakes or contest
- Join our mailing list
- Take a survey
- Submit the "Contact Us" form
- Contact Customer Care
Personal Information you choose to provide may include:
- Mailing and/or street address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Payment information
- Date of birth
- Photos (please see the Content Submission Terms and Conditions section for details)
- Information about gift recipients (if sending an order to someone other than yourself)
- Records of our correspondence if you contact us
Additionally, when you visit our website, we automatically receive certain information from cookies and other tracking technologies, including:
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- Device location
- Browsing history
- Purchase history
For more information, please see the Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies section.
To provide you with the best possible user experience and ensure our information is accurate, we may combine the information you share with us and that which we receive when you visit our website with third-party data. Examples may include address, demographics, preferences, and other information from Juvenescence data partners.
For European Union Data Subjects Only: Please read the European Data Subjects section below for information about the type of Personal Information we collect and why we use it.
Why We Collect Your Information
At Juvenescence, we collect certain information to allow you to enjoy many Juvenescence features and services and to place orders on our website. This includes:
- Order status updates & tracking
- Saving your purchase history
- Managing your online account
- Managing your replenishment orders
- Writing content and product reviews
- Submitting a question about our articles or products to receive an answer
- Receiving information about products you’ve purchased (for example, in the case of a recall)
- Receiving promotional emails, mailings, and notifications of upcoming events
- Viewing advertisements that may be of interest to you
We also use this information to continually improve your experience with Juvenescence - from making our website easier to use to enhancing our products and customer service.
Sharing Your Information
In certain circumstances we may share Personal Information with the following categories of third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
If you share user-generated content, that information may be made available publicly. For example, your photos, videos, stories, posts, comments, product reviews, product questions and answers, wish lists, and any other content or information you choose to provide will be shared with users of Juvenescence’s platforms.
Advertising and Marketing:
We share data with third parties in connection with advertising, retargeting and analytics on behalf of Juvenescence. Under no circumstances do we rent, trade or share your address or e-mail address with any other company for their marketing purposes without your consent (see the Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others section).
We may be required to disclose Personal Information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas, law enforcement investigations, or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We also may release information to protect our rights, property, or other interests, including those of our customers or other third parties or to prevent illegal activities or violations of our Terms of Service. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents, or government agencies.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a "Transaction"), your Personal Information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate after the Transaction.
We may share your Personal Information between and among Juvenescence and any current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
Aggregated or De-Identified Information:
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you by an unauthorized third party.
Our websites may contain links to web sites not operated or controlled by Juvenescence. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other web sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website(s) to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We gather information about how visitors navigate and use our website to deliver more personalized experiences, using cookies, clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), and other tracking technologies to collect information. A list of the main cookies we use on the Juvenescence website is available here
A cookie is a small data file stored by your web browser on your computer or mobile device. Session cookies are erased when you close the web browser or browser tab. Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive until they expire or are deleted.
Some cookies are necessary for our website to work properly and enable you to place an item in your online shopping bag and to place an order on our website. Other cookies allow us to enhance and personalize your online shopping experience.
Examples of what cookies allow Juvenescence to do:
- Remember what items are in your shopping bag
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Enable faster checkout if you have already created an account
- Understand how you arrived at our website and which content or products you’re looking for
- Learn whether you opened an email from Juvenescence
- Deliver personalized marketing from Juvenescence
- Apply the preferences you have chosen
If you set your browser to refuse all cookies, please contact us directly to place your order.
We use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags)– a short snippet of code – to tell us how you use our website and help us share the products and content you’re most interested in. They also enable us to send you email in a readable format and let us know when you have opened an email message from us.
For European Union Data Subjects Only: If you are an EU Data Subject, we only use non-essential cookies and GIFS (e.g. to enhance and personalize your experience) when you opt-in to allow for their use. However, some essential cookies are necessary for our website to function properly and will remain in use even if you do not opt-in to our use of non-essential cookies.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Juvenescence also partners with other companies to publish ads across the internet. These companies collect information about your visits to our website and share advertisements for content or products that you may be interested in. These targeted advertisements may appear on other sites that you visit. These providers may combine the information we share with information already in their possession, and offer you choices about which ads you receive. This information is collected using a cookie or other tracking technologies used by most websites. These third parties have privacy policies of their own that apply to your use of their platforms.
Juvenescence also partners with third-party analytics vendors such as Google Analytics to understand what content, experiences, and promotions are most relevant to you. To learn about how Google Analytics collects and processes data, click here
Social Sharing Features
By interacting with our site via social media includes features that may collect information about you such as your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site. They may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies to accomplish this. See "Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies" section above for more information. Social media features and widgets may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
You may receive targeted advertisements on social media platforms. These ads are sent to groups of people who share traits such as similar demographics and interests. See each social media platform’s policy for additional information about these types of advertisements.
At Juvenescence, we are happy to honor changes or preferences you may have regarding your information including:
Updating Your Information:
You can update your name, address, telephone number, or email address through My Account or by contacting us. To protect your privacy, we will confirm your identity before updating or reviewing your information.
You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails using the link provided at the bottom of each email, through My Account or by contacting us. Because emails are planned in advance, you may still receive mailings while we process your request. To serve you best, you’ll continue to receive important emails about recent transactions, including orders and returns, even if you choose not to receive promotional emails.
To opt-out of direct online personalized advertising from Juvenescence, click here. If you choose to opt-out, you may still see advertisements on the internet from Juvenescence that are not related to your personal information.
You may change your mail preferences through My Account or by contacting us. Because mailings are planned in advance, you may still receive mailings while we process your request.
The settings of your Internet browser or mobile device may allow you to stop sharing your precise location with Juvenescence.
California Residents, and European Union Data Subjects:
You may have additional rights; please see the relevant section of this notice to learn more.
User-Generated Content Submission Terms
By submitting content to our website or other social media accounts, you agree to be bound by these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, customers, and others who access this website ("Users"). Anything that you upload is referred to as "User Content." You retain all of your rights in all of the User Content you post to our Service and you agree that all images, video, music and narrative is your own content, and is non-confidential and non-proprietary.
How Juvenescence can use your content:
You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, display, reproduce, re-post, modify (e.g., re-format), re-arrange, and distribute your User Content for the purposes of operating and providing the service(s) to you and to our other Users. You agree that content may be displayed or reproduced outside of the website, and may include posting on social media platfroms, advertising (online, printed), newsletter posts, posters, booklets, and for editorial purposes. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict Juvenescence rights under separate licenses to User Content.
How long we keep your content
- Juvenescence may retain your User Content for a commercially reasonable period of time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
Privacy of Children
At Juvenescence, we’re committed to protecting the rights of children. Our website is not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children without the consent of the parent or guardian. If you believe that a child has provided personal information to us, please contact us at email@example.com
At Juvenescence, we care greatly about the security of your Personal Information and are committed to protecting it against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access. To do this, we implement and utilize a variety of security measures. For example, we use encryption or hashing when receiving or transmitting your information.
We also encourage you to practice general internet safety guidelines, such as choosing a strong and unique password for your Juvenescence account, changing your password if you suspect it has been compromised, and signing out of your account when you are finished. Please note that Juvenescence will never ask for your credit card information over email.
European Union Data Subjects
If you are an individual in the European Union (EU) and the United Kingdom (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and, to the extent applicable, Switzerland):
- Juvenescence is the data controller for the processing of your Personal Information. You can find our contact information at the top of this Privacy Notice.
- We will only collect your information from non-essential cookies and other tracking technologies with your consent (and our lawful basis to collect Personal Information through cookies and other tracking technologies is your consent, which was given by accepting the cookies and other tracking technologies when browsing the website).
- We will process the Personal Information you provide to us (such as your name, e-mail address) to send you information by email we believe will be of interest to you, such as information about products and services, features, surveys, newsletters and upcoming events. Our lawful basis for processing your Personal Information for marketing purposes is your consent, collected at the time you provided us with your Personal Information. You can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us.
- We keep Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, while we have a legitimate business need to do so, or as required by law (e.g. for tax, legal, accounting or other purposes), whichever is the longer. If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies. To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Information, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we use your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Your Rights. Pursuant to the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR), you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Information:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Information along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Information with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information, such as where you withdraw your consent. If we shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information with so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Information with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Information from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you, and that is processed by automated means. We will give you your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Information and we will do so: (a) If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Information — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or we need to process your data in order to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or (b) If we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw consent.
These rights may not apply in all situations or in relation to all types of processing. You will need to provide proof of identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and specify the personal data you want access to, amended or removed.
Juvenescence is an international company with offices based in the European Union and United States. In order to provide the services that we offer, Juvenescence may need to transfer parts of your personal information to locations outside the jurisdiction in which you provide it, or where you are viewing this website for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. This may entail a transfer of your information from a location within the European Economic Area (the "EEA") to outside the EEA. The level of information protection in countries outside the EEA may be less than that offered within the EEA. Where this is the case, Juvenescence will endeavour to implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure in accordance with applicable data protection laws. EU standard contractual clauses are in place between Juvenescence entities that share and process personal data. Juvenescence will review the processors that we utilise and ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data, such as standard contractual clauses.
If you are a resident of Nevada, please note that the way Juvenescence shares information is described in this Privacy Notice. If you have questions, concerns, or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where provided for by law and subject to any applicable exceptions, California residents may have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"):
- To know the categories of Personal Information that Juvenescence has collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your Personal Information, and the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- To access the specific pieces of Personal Information that Juvenescence has collected about you;
- To know whether Juvenescence has disclosed your Personal Information for business purposes, the categories of Personal Information so disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information;
- To have Juvenescence, under certain circumstances, delete your Personal Information; and
- To be free from discrimination related to the exercise of these CCPA rights.
If you would like to exercise any or all of these rights, you may do so by contacting us. Your authorized agent may submit requests in the same manner. Once we receive your request, we will verify your identity by sending an email to the email address you provide to us.
Please contact us at email@example.com
if you have questions about your rights or our disclosures under the CCPA, or to request access to an alternative format of this Privacy Notice.
We may change our Privacy Notice at any time. If we do, we will post the updated Privacy Notice on our website(s) and update the stated effective date of the Privacy Notice. We encourage you to review this notice periodically.
For California Residents and European Data Subjects Only
: If our practices change, we will notify you and, if necessary, obtain consent.